제2회 모바일코리아포럼 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.

I would like to welcome you to the second Mobile Korea Forum.

First I would also like to thank Kim Hyung Oh, chairman of Mobile Korea Forum and Choi Shi-Joong,

chairman of cohost Korea Communications Commission.

And I thank our sponsors Ministry of Knowledge Economy, Korea Information Society Development

Institute, Korea Internet Security Agency, Korea Communications Agency, Korea Telecommunications

Operators Association

Also I would like to thank Professor Nicholas Negrofonte, Shane Owenby, managing director of Amazon

Asia Pacific and president Kim Bum-Soo of Cacao to share the understandings of digital society and

technology.

Joichi Ito, director of MIT Media Lab and Rodrigo Arboleda, chairman of One Laptop Per Child that

has been active in supplying laptop computers to children around the world are also here. Thank you

very much.

Once again, I would like to thank of all of you for coming.

Digital information technology has been progress extremely fast. I’ve been using smart phone since last

year and was amazed that a phone has the functions of a desktop PC.

A few years ago, I saw a movie titled Minority Report. In the movie, the main character played by Tom

Cruise communicates with a large computer system using only his fingers and I thought “that kind of

technology can make our lives very comfortable.”

That movie was based on the year 2054 but I heard that digital technicians have made it realized 40

years ahead.

Today, consumers are able to choose their favorite news with 10-inch tablet PCs in front of you. They

can watch videos or graphics and the evolution of technology just amazes us.

But the problem is because of the fast-changing technology, consumers and businesses have no idea

which direction to head to.

And the struggle between previous and new businesses is growing in this chaos. Telecommunications

companies are feuding with both broadcasting companies and internet companies.

Under the theme ‘Being True’, this forum will look into today’s many technologies that have been fulfilled

and find a direction for businesses and technology development.

If the businesses guess their future directions accurately, struggles could turn into productive competition.

I wish that we can hear advice for our future digital industry from many expert’s and successful businesses

during this forum

Thank you.

Jae-Ho Jeon

Chairman,

The Financial News

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.