제14회 서울국제금융포럼 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen

I would like to welcome you to the 14th Seoul International Financial Forum, co-hosted by

the Financial News and the French asset management company Amundi, which is one of

the biggest asset management companies in the world market.

The forum is as old as our company, the Financial News. The forum was first held in 2000,

the year the Financial News was first established and is now one of the best financial forums

in Asia. I would like to thank all of those who have been supporting the growth of the forum.

This year, I would especially like to thank many government agencies and financial institutions

including the Korean Ministry of Strategy and Finance and the Financial Service Commission.

The theme for this year’s forum is entitled ‘New Leadership, Innovative Policies and Opportunities

in Financial Markets.’ It’s been five years since the global financial crisis. The turmoil in the market

is now cleared thanks to the cooperation between major countries. It is a big relief for the markets.

The European financial crisis is subdued after the big head wind.

During the past five years, major changes were made in global political terrains. In the United States,

President Obama was re-elected and there was a shift of leadership in China and Japan. In Korea,

new President Park Geun-Hye was sworn in, and if the first five years after the global financial crisis

was called Stage 1, setting up the leadership for the next new world financial order will be Stage 2.

This forum will be a place to look for new opportunities in the post-crisis financial market especially

under new global leadership. I expect the scholars and financial market experts to provide policy

inputs to solve the issues facing Korea, Japan, China and the US. Together, Korea also needs to

have a new policy paradigm in dealing with the underground economy and increasing welfare for

the common people.

As spring has arrived, the world economy is feeling the warm air. We hope 2013 will be a year for

substantial progress for the Korean economy under the Park Geun-Hye government. I would like to

wish all the guests good health and blessings.

Thank you very much.

Jae-Ho Jeon

Chairman & CEO,

The Financial News

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.