제9회 퓨처 ICT 포럼 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

I would like to welcome guests from Korea and overseas for attending the 9th Future ICT Forum, 

organized by Financial News and the Ministry of Science and ICT. Especially, I would like to 

express my gratitude to Minister of Science and ICT Yoo Young Min and the member of 

Telecommunication Technology Committee Song Hee Kyung. 

We are living in the world of communication carrying our mobile phones in our hands. We talk 

with instant messengers, read the news, and purchase goods at anytime anywhere with our 

mobile phones. We can watch a Russian World Cup on the move with our smartphones. 

Just 100 years ago, the phone didn’t even exist. 

As Alexander Graham Bell invented the world’s first phone in March 1876 in the US, the world 

started to change. After that, Dr. Martin Cooper from Motorola invented the world’s first cell 

phone in 1973. The first cell phone weighed 1kg and the battery lasted only 20 minutes. From 

then on, the cell phone has gone through many evolutions. 

In Korea, the first wireless communication succeeded on 5th of September in 1910, between the 

battleship Gwangjeho and the lighthouse office in Weolmi Island. Since then on, the mobile 

communication in Korea has developed drastically from 1st generation analog to 4th generation  

LTE. 

Currently, we are moving forward to the 5th generation. 

Ladies and gentlemen, have you imagined what could be possible in the 5th generation mobile 

communication? 

Experts say that the mobile communication would be 20 times faster than that of 4th generation 

with the tenfold capacity. In the 5th generation, we will see autonomous cars on the roads and 

AI robots doing house chores. The Korean government and mobile communication businesses 

are getting ready to commercialize the 5th generation communication. 

However, it is true that there are many issues to be tackled. 

For example, autonomous cars may pose a great danger if hacked by falling into an 

uncontrollable state. The security measures such as quantum cryptography and blockchain are 

emerging as countermeasures. 

In this event, you will be able to find more on the change and prospect of the 5th generation 

mobile communication and solutions to the possible issues. I hope this event serves you well for 

this purpose. 

Thank you. 

Jeon, Jae Ho

President & CEO,

The Financial News 

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.