제20회 서울국제A&D컨퍼런스 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Your excellencies, distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Dong-shik, Byeon, President of the Financial News.

I welcome you join the 20th Seoul International A&D conference. I particularly 

express my deep gratitude to Financial Supervisory Service Governor 

Lee Bok-hyun, Korea Financial Investment Association Chairman Na Jae-chul, 

Chairman of Korea Exchange Sohn Byung-doo and Ahn Hyo-joon, Chief Investment 

Officer at the National Pension Service who have taken time out of busy schedule 

to attend this event.

Over the past two decades, Financial News, first-tier economy newspaper in Korea, 

has hosted the Seoul International Derivative Products Conference in which 

participants actively present outlook for a shift in the alternative and derivative 

markets and challenge opportunities and gather valuable opinions from experts. 

In 2018, the name of this event was changed to the Seoul International Alternative 

& Derivative (A&D) Conference in response to a rapidly changing finance and 

investment landscape.

With its long history and tradition, I assume that this event has contributed to laying 

a foundation of both alternative and derivative markets in the Korean capital market. 

However, it is true that with market volatility both at home and abroad has been 

recently expanding, handsome profits cannot be given only with traditional assets 

such as stocks and bonds. In practice, some agile Korean conglomerates, investment 

banks, financial companies and private equities are focusing on a variety of alternative 

assets such as both domestic and overseas property, tangible assets and infrastructure.

As many already perceive, the Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has put the global 

economy at a critical jeopardy of a serious inflation-induced crisis. With major

economies, including the United States, implementing an aggressive interest rate 

hike and monetary tightening, global stock markets, cryptocurrency and property 

have gone astray, thereby failing to seek no investment sources.

In this regard, under the topic of “What are promising alternative best locations for 

investment in the era of inflation?,” this conference aims to seek promising investment 

opportunities by holding vibrant discussions with experts from at home and abroad.

In Session 1, Adrian Mucalov, partner at Actis, an UK-based private equity fund 

specializing in alternative investment, will deliver a keynote lecture on the topic of 

“alternative investment is the best investment solution in the era of inflation.” The 

speaker will talk about why infrastructure is significant in dealing with inflation.

Other speakers such as Richard Miller, Group Managing Director at TCW Private 

Credit Group, Seongju Lim, Vice President of SK Ecoplant and Lee dongkeun, 

Senior Manager at KPMG will talk about proper alternative investment strategies 

and implications in the inflationary times.

Session 2 will feature various insightful opinions from experts on the need to establish 

the carbon credit future market that has been recently garnering widespread attention 

and implementation status. As major countries around the world are making efforts 

to move towards the goal of carbon neutrality earlier than expected, the opening of 

carbon credit future market will certainly make a huge contribution to boosting 

carbon credit transactions.

Attended by important individual and institutional investors who operate the capital 

market in Korea, this conference is expected to provide valuable alternative investment 

guidance amid inflation persists.

Following scorching heat and rainfall this summer, autumn, a season of bearing fruits, 

has come closer. I hope all of you stay healthy and happy.

Thank you. 

Byun, Dong Shik

President,

The Financial News

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.