본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Good morning,  

Distinguished guests,

The Busan Global Financial Forum co-hosted by the Busan Metropolitan City, 

BNK Financial Group, the Busan National University and the Korea Maritime and 

Ocean University marked its 9th anniversary this year.

I would like to convey my sincere gratitude to Senior Deputy Governor of the Financial 

Supervisory Service Lee Joon-soo, CEO of the SEUN Steel Shin Jeong-taek and 

many other visitors for attending this event for congratulation.

I would also like to express my special thanks to Mayor of the Busan Metropolitan City, 

Park Heong-joon, who delivered his congratulatory remarks in the form of video as he is 

obligated to deal with reports about the current progress of preparing for the World 

Expo 2030 Busan to the Special Committee set up at the Korean National Assembly.

Also my deep gratitude is extended to President of the Busan Finance Center 

Kim Jong-hwa and President of Financial News Media Group Jeon Jae-ho.

Distinguished guests,

The pandemic crisis that has tightened our daily life over the past three years has 

recently eased. Nevertheless, we are about to encounter another crisis arising from 

a rise in interest rate driven by the U.S. and a hike in the exchange rate between 

Korean won and U.S. dollar.

Amid this struggling time, steps toward promoting the City of Busan to develop into 

a financial hub are in progress.

In July 2021, a couple of foreign companies such as Hong Kong-based BMI Group 

Limited and a branch of CitiBank Korea launched their services at the D-Space BIFC' 

on the 63rd floor at the Busan Finance Center located in Munhyeon-dong.

Furthermore, the Busan Metropolitan City along with the Busan Metropolitan 

Corporation embarked on the 3rd project of the Busan Finance Center, which is 

expected to serve as the top financial center in Asia.

Along with such efforts, the Busan Finance Center was ranked 29th again in seven 

years from the 20th standing, according to a survey conducted by London-based global 

consultancy Z/Yen.

In regard to regional ranks in the Asia and Pacific regions including Hong Kong, 

Shanghai and Singapore, Busan is currently maintaining its status in the top 10 

in terms of global finance city.

In order to accelerate its progress, this event is held under the theme of “Busan, 

Center of Finance, Opens the Path toward Growth.”

I would like to appreciate Board Director of the Busan Finance Center Heo Kyung-wook 

who will deliver a keynote speech, speakers and also experts in their capacity 

as panelists at today’s Forum.

I hope this Forum would serve as a guide for helping Busan take a leap forward to 

the global financial hub with competitive advantages. I thank you for spending time here 

with us out of your busy schedule. And I hope all of you stay healthy and 

things will work out all right. 

Thank you.

Yoon, Bong Hak

President

The Busan Financial News

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.