2023 Fianacial Insight Network Days > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

<Opening Remarks II at 'FIND 2023' Seoul International Financial Forum > 

Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, good morning. It is my great pleasure to welcome 

all of you to 'FIND 2023,'  hosted by Financial News, the first-class economic newspaper. 

Since 2000, Financial News has been organizing the Seoul International Finance Forum and 

the Seoul International A&D (Alternative Investments & Derivatives) Conference, providing

Asia's best insights into finance and investment. This year, we have launched a new brand called

FIND, or 'Financial Insight Network Days,'  by combining the two events in an attempt to make

a leap towards the best financial forum in Asia.  

I ask for your continued interest and support. 

First of all, I would like to express my sincere appreciation to President Yoon Seok-yul, who 

will deliver congratulatory remarks. My gratitude also goes to Ms. Back Hye-ryun, Chairperson 

of the National Policy Committee at the National Assembly, and Mr. Choo Kyung-ho, 

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy and Finance. 

Recently, fears of the banking crisis have shaken the global financial market. 

The fears spread like a COVID-19 pandemic has coined a neologism, 'bankdemic.'  The decline 

in government bond prices triggered by interest rate hikes and cryptocurrency trading are cited 

as major causes. Unexpected events are occurring: monetary tightening policies for price control 

and the promising payment methods of the future are causing financial instability. 

Recently, Kwon Do-hyung, once hailed as Korea's young crypto genius turned fraudster, 

was arrested in Montenegro. According to foreign media reports, a senior IMF official said that 

the global financial system is still faced with a significant crisis. Climate finance has become a new 

financial sector, and global trade disputes and wars are having immediate impacts on the financial markets.  

I believe that now is the time to explore the path we need to take by integrating geopolitics 

with finance.

In response to such turbulence in the financial markets, we have chosen the theme of today's 

forum, "Global Hegemony, New Financial Order - the Return of Financial Geopolitics." 

It may seem a bit heavy and unfamiliar, but I look forward to having a meaningful discussion. 

In March, the heads of financial authorities and the chairmen of the five largest financial holding 

companies gathered and consented that "the essence of finance is trust and fulfillment of social 

responsibility." It was also agreed that they are well prepared for "prudential management" 

even in the case of the worst-case scenario. I entirely sympathize with them.

There are people who generously helped us make this event a success. Taking this opportunity, 

I would like to thank Mr. Sagong Il, Chairman Emeritus of the Institute for Global Economics (IGE), 

for delivering the keynote address, and Mr. John Frank, Vice Chairman of Oaktree Capital 

Management, for co-hosting today's event. 

I once again would like to convey my deepest gratitude to the chief executives of Korea's 

leading financial institutions for the unwavering interest and encouragement that you have shown 

for the development of this forum over the past 20 years.  

Through President Yoon's state visit to the United States in a decade next week, the commemoration 

of the 70th anniversary of the U.S.-ROK alliance as well as his speech to the U.S. Congress,

I hope that solidarity between Korea and the U.S. will be further strengthened. I wish all of you 

tremendous success. Thank you. 

April 19,  2023 

Jeon,  Jae-Ho

Chairman, Financial News Media Group

<Opening Remarks at the Seoul International A&D Conference>

I am very pleased to be able to welcome all of you to 'FIND 2023.' 

First of all, I would like to express my sincere appreciation to Mr. Kim So Young, Vice Chairman of the 

Financial Services Commission, Mr. Son Byung-doo, Chairman of the Korea Exchange, 

and Mr. Seo Won-joo, Chief Investment Officer of the National Pension Fund, for taking time 

out of your busy schedules for joining us today.

Financial Insight Network Days, called 'FIND,' is the brand that has newly been launched by 

Financial News, the first-class economic newspaper,  through a combination of the Seoul 

International Finance Forum and the Seoul International A&D (Alternative Investments & Derivatives) 

Conference. Our aim is to grow it into a forum that explores new trends in domestic and 

international finance and presents insights for investment. I ask for your warm interest and support.

As the U.S. advocates for 'America First, the world is experiencing economic upheaval.  

As the U.S. enacted the Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors (CHIPS) 

and Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), the European Union responded with the legislation of the 

Critical Materials Act (CRMA) and the Carbon Neutral Industry Act (NZIA).

The conflict between the U.S. and China, which began during the Presidency of Donald Trump, 

continues to intensify. The world is divided around two superpowers, competing for economic 

supremacy. Globalization is becoming obsolete.

By reflecting this global situation, the Seoul International A&D Conference has chosen the 

theme "The Transition of Financial Order and a Paradigm Shift in Investment" for this year.

With inflation and recession, in addition to the crisis of US and European banks such as 

Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), it has become difficult to find a proper place to invest. 

Goldman Sachs, the leading global investment bank, defined the global economy this year 

as "a recovery stifled by austerity and fragmentation," saying that "the worst is yet to come." 

In a nutshell, stocks, real estate and cryptocurrencies are all in the midst of uncertainties. 

That is why major investors at home and abroad are paying attention to alternative investments.

In the first session, Olivia Wassenaar, Head of Sustainable Investing at Apollo, 

one of the world's top four private equity managers, will share us with her insights into 

investment in eco-friendly and renewable infrastructure, which is emerging as a promising theme.

Pranav Pai, Chief Investment Officer at 3one4 Capital, will also present a range of investment 

opportunities in real estate, logistics and ventures in India, which has become the world's most 

populous country - surpassing China.

With Cameron Joyce, Senior Vice President of  Preqin, we will be able to understand the flow 

of global alternative investment and find the right direction to make investments.

In the second session, we will be joined by many experts who will help us explore new 

investment opportunities in the field of equity futures and options, given the potential global 

economic downturn.

I hope that today's event will be a meaningful occasion that provides guidance for alternative 

and derivatives investment, serving the role of a compass in this new era.

I wish all of you every success and prosperity. 

April 20, 2023

Jeon, Seon-ik

Vice Chairman, Financial News Media Group

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.