제11회 퓨처 ICT 포럼 > Forum & Conference

본문 바로가기

파이낸셜뉴스 부산파이낸셜뉴스 가이드포스트 파이낸셜뉴스재팬 fnMICE

지난행사목록

본문

Dear honored guests,

Everyone probably knows about Elon Musk, an eccentric American entrepreneur. 

He founded an electric vehicle company called Tesla. Another company he founded called 

Space X launched a private crewed spacecraft for the first time in history. 

Musk has a dream to bring people to space, and ultimately build a dwelling station in Mars.

I mentioned the spacecraft because I believe that wild ideas and diversion of thoughts are 

the essential virtues of all entrepreneurs in the age following COVID-19, especially in venture 

and startup businesses.

No-contact has become the hottest trend of the time that would come after COVID-19. 

Social distancing is now a new survival strategy of the humankind. 

We are dangerous when we get together and safe when we stay apart. In fact, the no-contact 

phenomenon existed since long ago, but it picked up an unprecedented momentum 

because of COVID-19.

As you just saw in the video we watched, companies are already adapting swiftly 

to the no-contact trend. Video conferences, food delivery apps, and mobile financial transactions 

have long been in our everyday life. We can easily see online seminars and fan meetings nowadays. 

SK Telecom even encourages its employees to work at a nearby branch office instead of going to 

the head office. The disinfection robot at the entrance of this hall would be another example of 

no-contact services.

The Moon administration has set out to foster the no-contact industry. 

The Korean government is especially working hard on the Digital New Deal Policy. 

I feel confident that the innovation of no-contact technologies will create a core industry 

to make Korea become the first mover in the world.

Many guests came here for our forum today. I appreciate Choi Ki-young, the Minister of Science 

and ICT, who permitted the joint hosting of the events. The Minister will be giving a keynote speech through a video clip in a moment.

I am also thankful to Noh Woong-rae, the Chairperson of the Science, ICT, Broadcasting, 

and Communications Committee of the National Assembly, and Park Sung-ho, 

the Secretary-General of the Korea Communications Commission, for their presence.

An American business magazine called Forbes reported in a recent article about the sudden rise 

of the no-contact trend that “The best way to meet customers is to refrain from meeting them.” 

It sounds contradictory, but it is a fact.

I hope that today’s forum could be a precious opportunity for you to gain insight into the future, 

and I wish everyone good health.

Thank you.

Jae-Ho Jeon

Chairman & CEO,

The Financial News

첨부파일

서울특별시 서초구 강남대로 315, 파이낸셜뉴스빌딩 9층 | TEL. 02-6965-0016 | FAX. 02-6965-0000 | E-mail : 8amwon@fnnews.com
Copyright ⓒ파이낸셜뉴스. All rights reserved.